Save energy and money with SDG&E's Direct Install Program.
We can help your small- or medium-sized business become more energy efficient. At no cost to you, our energy experts will evaluate your energy use, identify energy-saving opportunities, and install energy-efficient retrofit equipment.
It's easy to save money for your business.
In this challenging economic climate, many business owners are looking for ways to reduce operating costs. Energy costs are a major expense that can affect your bottom line. The Direct Install Program to help you reduce those costs and your carbon footprint.
The Direct Install Program is a simple program designed to fit into the often busy schedules of most business owners. And, most importantly, for qualifying businesses, the energy-efficiency assessment, the energy-efficient products, and the installation of the project are at no cost to you.
Who is eligible?
The program is open to qualified business customers of SDG&E. A customer qualifies for Direct Install if they do not have demand over 100kW for 3 consecutive months in any 12-month period. Corporate-owned national franchises, franchises for which corporate pays the utility bill, common areas and outdoor lighting for multi-family units, and parking garages/lots are not eligible at this time.
It's a simple three-step process.
You can begin saving money and energy with just three easy steps. Energy-efficiency experts will evaluate your facility for opportunities to replace old, inefficient equipment with new energy-efficient equipment.
- Step 1 — An approved direct-install contractor will perform a free energy-efficiency assessment and make project recommendations.
- Step 2 — After carefully describing the project, the contractor will ask you to sign a customer authorization form and schedule your project installation.
- Step 3 — Your contractor will return at the scheduled time for the installation. We will ensure that installations disrupt your business as little as possible, so you can stay up and running throughout the process.
Start saving energy and money today.
It's just that simple.
Take advantage of free energy-efficient retrofit technologies. No purchase necessary to participate.
We will replace your old equipment with energy-efficient products to help reduce your energy use, carbon footprint, and electricity bill. No-cost energy-efficient products may include but are not limited to:
- Lighting: One of the simplest ways to lower your energy costs is to replace incandescent and halogen lamps with energy-efficient compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs). Replacing magnetic ballasts and T12 lamps with electronic ballasts and T8 lamps will save money and improve light quality. Installing timer switches or occupancy sensors in low-traffic areas can reduce energy use by up to 50 percent.
- Photocells: Install photocells that use a sensor to automatically turn a lamp off when enough daylight is detected, and turn the fixture on when it becomes dark. Photocells can also use motion detection and sound activation to control the fixture.
- Occupancy Sensors: You can reduce energy consumption by installing sensor lighting controls that turn off lighting when a space is unoccupied.
- LED "Open" and "Exit" Signs: Save up to 90 percent on your signage electricity costs by replacing conventional signs with signs that use light-emitting diodes (LED).
- Refrigeration: Install automated door closers, night covers for display cases, anti-sweat heater controls, and vending machine controllers (misers) to help reduce cooling costs.
- HVAC: Reduce the costs of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) by replacing air filters, insulating refrigerant lines, and cleaning the coils.
- Water Heating: Insulate the hot water lines of gas and electric heaters to reduce standby heat loss and reduce costs.
Willdan is an SDG&E-approved contractor for the Direct Install Program.
The Direct Install Program is funded by California utility customers and is administered by San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®) under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission, through a contract awarded to Willdan. The program is provided on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. California customers who choose to participate in this program are not obligated to purchase any additional services offered by the contractor. SDG&E is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. The trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Willdan is an authorized contractor of SDG&E. Services will be completed by an authorized contractor of Willdan. SDG&E makes no representations as to the safety, reliability, and/or efficiency of goods and services provided under this program. SDG&E makes no warranty, whether expressed or implied, including warranty of merchantability or fitness for particular purpose, use or application of selected goods and services. Participating contractors in the Direct Install Program are not screened or endorsed by SDG&E.
Reference herein to any specific information regarding San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®) or any commercial products or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, does not constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring by SDG&E. SDG&E will not be held liable in connection with any of Willdan's activities. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, SDG&E does not represent or warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, content or advertisements contained on, distributed through, or linked, downloaded or accessed from this website other than the information contained on SDG&E's website.
© 2011 Willdan. All rights reserved.